Up4Sale online auctions will often have multiple competing bidders, but you can maximise your chances of winning by having a well thought out bidding strategy. Here are some tips to consider when bidding on online auctions:
- If there's a Buy It Now option, you can purchase the item straight away without waiting for the auction to end. Once a first bid is placed the Buy It Now option will disappear.
- If an auction listing has a reserve price, bid up to that amount as early as possible, so other bidders will not be attracted by the low starting price.
- Search your item several times using different terms to describe the item you're looking for this will help you understand the current market price. Try searching using misspelled words. If a listing title contains a typo, fewer people will find it.
- Note what time the auction ends, as this can affect how many other people will bid on it, and whether you'll be available to bid at the last minute.
- Think about how much you're willing to pay, and decide on your maximum bid. Then, you will be better prepared to make decisions in the crucial last seconds of the auction.
- Try bidding an uneven amount. Thinking of spending $5.00? Try $5.18 instead. Those extra few cents can make all the difference!